UK Government confirms end of renewable generation tariffs in March 2019
BEIS: Payments for surplus power exported to the grid confirmed stopping in March 2019.
Government must work with industry urgently to ensure smooth solar policy transition, says STA.
The long overdue Call for Evidence on the future policy framework for small and medium scale renewables has finally been published. Key aspects put forward which the STA believe must be clarified urgently are;
- Maintaining the export payments for surplus power exported to the grid.
- An enforcement mechanism for the maintenance of high industry standards, which have been previously delivered through the MCS
- The role of aggregators for the services “smart” solar homes can provide.
- The removal of tax anomalies, which now present major distortions to the market for subsidy free solar.
Urgent Clarity Required
STA CEO Chris Hewett said….
“The bad news is that Government has been crystal clear on what policy measures will stop – even very basic rights to fair export payments – but they are frighteningly vague on what comes next. There is real dismay that there is now a serious & needless policy gap between the end of FITs and the start of the new regime. We are therefore asking the Government to work with us and with the industry as a matter of urgency to fill that gap and ensure a smooth transition next March.”
The opportunity still remains with energy storage
There are many benefits to selling storage alongside a new installation of solar PV and now more than ever given these changes to policy installers should be encouraging system owners to invest in storage.
For help with any of the above or more information on the storage portfolio available speak to your account manager via mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on +44 (0) 333 7720526.
SHOP for energy storage products here>>
Read more >>
Trackbacks and pingbacks
No trackback or pingback available for this article.
- REC N-Peak Series Solar Panels WORLD-CLASS PERFORMANCE
- PYLONTECH batteries: MultiPlus and Quattro compatibility
- The new SMA SUNNY TRIPOWER 3.0 / 4.0 / 5.0 / 6.0 Solar Inverters
- Ireland to incentivise solar-plus-storage with household grants
- Training on Installation and Maintenance of Enphase IQ7 Products
REC Solar N-Peak Poly 315W Solar Panel REC315NP https://t.co/Zi4s1drfgZ
Victron MultiGrid 48/3000 – 35-50 3kw Inverter/Charger https://t.co/Hw0zs5pdGt
Victron MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 3kW Inverter/Charger https://t.co/70ZKaaZSvQ
RT @IEA: 70% of Denmark’s 🇩🇰 electricity generation is expected to come from variable renewables by 2022. Explore more findings from our r…
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- November 2014