REDUCE Electricity Bills
Electricity costs have been continuously rising in the past decades in every country around the world putting a continuous burden on households and businesses. The good news is that there’re plenty you can do to eliminate or reduce electricity bills. One way is by changing when and how you use the energy needed. The most comfortable solution would be by shopping around for an energy contract which suits your needs; but the real solution that would solve your financial burden on a long run by eliminating your electricity bills is a move towards producing, storing and using your own electricity. REDUCE Electricity
Reduce electricity bills by producing, storing and using your own electricity!
This quick guide is about the choices available to you. Every household and business situation is different and the changes for each will be different. So the best place to start is by understanding how much energy you use each day (and when), as well as which energy saving actions will have the biggest impact in your home. The things to consider include: REDUCE or ELIMINATE Your
- the size and features of your home or your business REDUCE Electricity Bills
- the energy efficiency of your appliances and equipment REDUCE Electricity Bills
- your lifestyle and the times of day you use most power REDUCE Electricity Bills
- the way you manage and use the equipment around REDUCE Electricity Bills
- your choice of energy retailer and energy contract. REDUCE Electricity Bills
We at ZEROhomebills.com firmly believe that free energy should be available to everyone.
Solaranna definitely cannot pay your electricity bills, but the more than two decades of experience, expertise and international recognition of our partners in renewable and energy efficiency can help you to reduce or completely eliminate your electricity bills in your home and business.
Why eliminate or reduce your electricity bills?
The answer is simple; because of your energy independence! In some cases you energy bills is not real. It is either overcharged or overinflated by the utility companies or Governments. So stop paying them. Go energy independent. Beside savings in some countries you can earn great returns and the renewable and energy efficiency solutions increase your property value. Through these small investments you avoid the continuous utility inflation and indirectly you create jobs in the economy. Last but not least through your investment in renewable and energy efficiency products you contribute to a cleaner and sustainable future of the next generation. Join our ZERO Home Bills Community here.
At ZEROhomebills.com we have striven to select you the best products from the best brands at the best retail prices possible in your market, covering electricity bills reduction solutions by using Solar Photovoltaic (Solar PV), Wind Power, Hydro Power, Energy Storage, Battery Storage, Power Generators and Fuel Cells.
START SAVING TODAY with our products and packages. If you need assistance do not hesitate to contact us. REDUCE or ELIMINATE Your Electricity Bills
Generate your own electricity with Solar Photovoltaic (PV) panels and start reducing your electricity bills today. Ready to install Solar Kits and Packages, Solar Panels, Solar Inverters, Mounting and Accessories, and many more.
Store your own energy and use it when you need. ON- and OFF-Grid Energy Storage solutions. Complete Energy Storage Systems and Kits, Batteries, Accessories and Mounting for your home and your business.
Generate your own electricity with Wind Turbines whether you are at home, in your business, your farm, your remote cottage or your boat. Wind Turbines, Wind Inverters, Accessories and Mounting all in one place.
Generate your own electricity with a mini-hydro plant for your home, business or your farm. Hydro Turbines, Hydro Inverters, Accessories and Mounting specially selected for residential and commercial use.
You need a back-up power supply for your on- or off-grid power network, you are in a remote location where there is no electricity or you are just building something and you need power? You most probably you will need a power generator to solve you problem. Check out our range of power generators.
Fuel Cells operated mainly on alcohol and hydrogen are more and more popular for various applications to generate electricity, mainly in off-grid applications. Fuel Cell, Mobile Fuel Cells, Accessories and Mounting and many more.
SHOP NOW BY CATEGORY
YOUR POWER BILL IS NOT REAL - GO INDEPENDENT
STOP PAYING USELESS BILLS! YOUR BILLS ARE NOT REAL - GO INDEPENDENT!
45 Easy Ways to Lower Your Electric Bill
Everyone’s looking for ways to go green and save a little green these days. A major source of expenditure for all of us is our electricity bill. Its a great place to start saving money by making some small changes in your home. Whether you want to save planet earth, or you’re interested in ways to lower your energy bills, here are 41 tips to help be proactive and money savvy when it comes to energy.
1. Install solar panels: This option may not be for everyone for its somewhat costly measures, but there’s nothing better than running on solar power for the environment and for your wallet. If you wish to cut your energy savings by more than 75%, this is the way to go.
2. Get a windmill (wind turbine): Well, this one might be tricky, but if you’re in a position to do this, planet earth will give you a big thumbs up. Naturally created energy is not only good for the environment, but once set up cost are accounted for, it costs you nothing.
3. Keep your temperature steady: Set your thermostat 2 degrees lower in the winter and 2 degrees higher in the summer. 72-74 degrees in the summer and 70-72 degrees in winter are suggested temperatures to set your thermostat to.
4. Check out energy saving apps: Apps like kill-ur-watts will not only keep track of how much energy you use, but give tips, advice, and resources to saving moolah each month on your energy bill.
5. Insulate your water heater: Adding a little extra love around your water heater can return huge savings. It’s estimated your fridge and water heater are the prime energy suckers in the home.
6. Tune up your fridge: Having your fridge receive regular maintenance checks will keep the coils running clean, saving you hundreds of dollars a year.
7. Install a low-flow restrictor: Suppressing the amount of water used will help your hot water heater from sucking more energy out of your pocket.
8. Install dimmer switches: Adjusting the amount of light you need will not only set a certain mood, but will allow you to use the most appropriate amount of energy.
9. Wash clothes on cold: When you add hot water to anything, you’re enlisting the help of your water heater.
10. Use effective cook ware: Glass cookware cooks better than aluminum or others.
11. Thaw food: Having food thawed before cooking, will not only save time, but help reduce the amount of heat it takes to fully cook.
12. Regularly maintain your AC: Keeping your AC tuned and clean will ensure it runs as efficiently as possible.
13. Change your air filters regularly: Dirty air filters clog free flowing air, and make your AC work harder.
14. Close your chimney flue: If you have a wood burning fireplace, make sure it’s closed in the summer.
15. Air dry dishes: Instead of running the dishwasher, try air drying.
16. Insulate your garage door: Adding insulation to your garage door will keep heat and cool air in.
17. Check your weather strips: Energy savings could be seeping right out the front door with air leaks. Checking or replacing worn weather strips can help save on energy costs.
18. Clean your windows: Allowing as much natural sun to come through will heat up the house.
19. Cook on a fire pit: Barbequing is a great past time. However, try doing Dutch-oven cooking once in a while.
20. Reduce microwave use: If you can eat more salads, fruits, and vegetables, you’re not only being healthier, using little energy to cook.
21. Use fans over air conditioner: If you can manage delaying turning on the AC, go for it. Same goes in the winter months. Use floor heaters and blankets.
22. Turn off the lights: When you leave a room, turn off the lights!
23. Open windows: In the summer, opening windows in the early morning will cool the house without cranking the air conditioning yet.
24. Turn off the fans: If you’re AC is running, there’s no need to have two energy sources going at the same time.
25. Reduce TV watching time: Especially those of us with young kids, TV watching is not only a waste on energy, but children need to be focused on a variety of activities anyway.
26. Hang dry clothes: If possible, hang dry towels, sheets, and other items that take a lot of energy to dry. Clothes dryer uses a lot of energy and produces heat. Use sunlight to dry your clothes.
27. Rearrange appliances: Having major appliances next to each other can double the amount of energy being emitted. If your washer and dryer are next to your water heater, if possible, consider moving them.
28. Buy energy star appliances: Keeping your 1980’s freezer in the garage from your mother is guzzling down money compared to top quality and energy efficient appliances nowadays.
29. Install energy efficient windows: Installing energy efficient windows is another great way to save on your energy bill. There are also often tax rebates and other discounts available for going green.
30. Turn off the porch light: There’s nothing more comforting than driving through your neighbourhood, seeing everyone’s porch lights illuminating the way home. Beautiful, yes, but a big waste of energy. Putting your outdoor lights on a timer will balance comfort vs. savings.
31. Change your bulbs: Switching to energy efficient light bulbs are a great start to saving on your energy bill. Not only will that reduce the amount of watts used, but they last a lot longer too.
32. Unplug appliances when not in use: If you really don’t make toast that much, what’s the point in keeping it plugged in? The same goes for lap top plugs, phone chargers, etc…Most of us leave these plugged in until we need them again, wasting energy. Whatever doesn’t require present power, try to unplug it.
33. Cook with lids on: This will enable your food to properly cook in the sufficient time allotted, and not waste more energy with unnecessary heat escaping.
34. Shut the door: It might sound obvious, but the amount of heat or air escaping when you chat with your neighbor through an open door, leave accessible for pets to meander in and out, or the constant traffic caused by kids sneaking snacks in between water fights, fluctuates your heating or cooling’s consistent flow.
35. Take advantage of off-peak rates: Most electric companies offer off-peak reduced rates that you can use to run your water heater, washing machine, dishwasher or air conditioner that consume lot of energy.
36: Run dishwasher full loads: Always run your dishwasher full loads. Full loads use the same amount of energy and hot water as smaller loads.
37. Use sleep mode: Spend a few extra money to buy computer peripherals like scanner, printer that goes into sleep mode automatically or turn off when it isn’t being used.
38. Keep your vents open: Some people believe that closing a vent can reduce energy consumption by preventing a need to heat or cool a particular room. That’s actually a myth. Closing vents can actually raise your energy costs.
39. Ditch old fridge: Old refrigerators consume a lot of electricity. If you’re still using it, just get rid of it. You can end up saving money by replacing it with a new one. If you have multiple refrigerators, try scaling down to one.
40. Keep blinds or shades closed: The sun can really heat up the room when blinds or shades are kept open. Your air conditioner will use more energy to cool down your home or heat it up during the winter.
41. Plant shady landscape: Shady landscape will protect your home from scorching heat which will reduce your air-conditioning costs in summers and block high winds that will reduce you heating costs during winters.
42. Store your own energy: by buying an energy storage system you can enjoy the full advantage of the electricity produced by your solar pv system or windmill. You can store it for later use and/or use it as a back-up in case of grid failure.