The SMA Sunny Boy Smart Energy Storage SB5000SE is an EXCELLENT COMBINATION SUNNY BOY AND BATTERY. With its integrated battery, the Sunny Boy Smart Energy offers two advantages. Not only does it provide a sensible way to increase self-consumption, but it also makes it easy to use self-produced solar power after the sun goes down.
- Significantly reduced initial investment thanks to an application-oriented battery capacity of 2 kWh
- No need to design the battery system – so no battery expertise is required
- Quick and easy wall mounting
- Efficient charge management and load control
- Maximized reliability through lithium-ion cells from LG Chem
The Simple Storage Solution
SMA Integrated Storage System
Together with the Sunny Home Manager 2.0, the Sunny Boy Smart Energy is the central component of the SMA Integrated Storage System. It offers an incredibly easy path to greater independence as part of the SMA Smart Home intelligent energy management.
- Approximately 52 percent less electricity purchased from electric utility companies*
- Self-consumption rate increased from 30 percent to typically 55 percent**
- Usage of solar power possible nearly 24 hours a day
- All PV power generated annually is used even when the active power is limited to 70 percent or 60 percent of the nominal PV array power in accordance with the Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG) or the energy storage subsidy.
- Outstanding efficiency in terms of power conversion and temporary power storage
*Compared to a household without a PV system
** All figures are based on an annual PV generation of 5,000 kWh, annual power consumption of the equivalent amount, an effective battery capacity of 2 kWh and use of a Sunny Home Manager 2.0.
Intelligent Energy Management
SMA Smart Home
Within the SMA Smart Home, the SMA Sunny Boy Smart Energy Storage SB5000SE and Sunny Home Manager 2.0 ensure that self-produced solar power is used in the best possible way, intelligently distributed and – as an option – stored. This delivers increased self-consumption, improves transparency and guarantees greater independence.
- Planning reliability and cost savings with solar power at fixed, low rates
- Maximize the eco-friendliness of your energy supply by using solar power from your own roof
- Greater independence with no compromises in terms of comfort or supply reliability
- Automatic optimization functions that take individual preferences into account
- Cost-saving potential is made visible through complete energy budget transparency