How MYPV DC-ELWA Solar PV Water Heater works? The DC current from the photovoltaic modules is controlled with a MPP-Tracker for a maximum power output of the immersion heater. For this purpose a connection to the power grid is not required (completely off-grid).
By the patented boost backup-function the hot-water supply can even be ensured in bad weather. You can completely turn off the conventional heating system in summer. This increases the lifespan of it.
The desired water-temperature can be adjusted with a knob.
Advantages of the MYPV DC-ELWA Solar PV Water Heater
- Linear power control 0 – 2.000W
- 100 % self-consumption of the solar power
- No permission for the grid connection required
- Easy to install, no maintenance costs
- Easier and cheaper than solar-heat systems
- 2 ELWAs enable stratification charge
- Also works during grid-blackouts
- Hot-Water securing (Boost-Backup) included
No strain with authorities with MYPV DC-ELWA Solar PV Water Heater
You save all the efforts for permissions because ELWA sends no power to the grid. Especially for housing cooperations the administrative procedures for grid-connected PV-systems can take several months!
ELWA with Modbus Interface
In case that several devices should be controlled and monitored from a control centre, my-PV has developed a special Modbus Interface. This solution is particularly well suited for multi-storey housing. In addition a further temperature sensor can be integrated into the control.
ELWA compared to solarheat
Download the overview:
Basically there is a differentiation between solarthermal and photovoltaic-systems. Solarthermal systems are for the production of solarheat, whereas photovoltaic-systems are designed for power generation. With ELWA now hot-water can be made with photovoltaic-systems – easier & cheaper. Therefore ELWA is a great alternative to solarheat-systems, both in single family houses as well as in apartment buildings. The advantages compared to solarheat are multifarious:
- Due to the elimination of the pipes you can save up to 90% valueable copper
- No cost-intensive components like pumps, valves, expansion tanks, frost protection mixtures, insulations,…
- Photovoltaic heating even works with low solar irradiance
- No lossy start-up procedures (clocking, loop warm-up)
- Maintenance-free (frost protection)
- No material fatigue during system downtime
- Efficiency independent from system temperature
- More efficient at lower ambient temperatures
- Nearly loss-free energy transmission from the roof to the boiler
- Mounting in the boiler/tank quickly and not complicated, even when tank is filled
- Nearly no internal consumption (2W)
- Grid feed-in of the energy surplus instead of stagnation (with AC ELWA and AC ELWA-E)
- Cost development and technical developent of photovoltaics are rapid
- ELWAs can be used decentral, thereby no distribution losses in multi-family houses. The solar energy is converted into heat right where it is needed!
- MYPV is a young Austrian company and is specialized on “Hot water and space heating from photovoltaics”. Since its foundation in 2011 as a distributor for PV components, the company have intensively dealt with innovations in storage technology. Two funded research projects in this area led to the development of the ELWA, where they used hot-water as a storage medium for solar power.With this innovation my-PV was transformed into a development and production company in Neuzeug / Upper Austria. The long experience of the entrepreneurs gives them the security to create promising and high-quality products. Products of the ELWA series are now installed in 20 countries and surprises again and again with its distinctive simplicity and efficiency. With the latest innovation, the AC•THOR (see www.ac-thor.com), the company is currently going one step further. Join our ZERO Home Bills Community. BEST Products from the BEST Brands at the BEST Prices for ZERO Home Bills on ZEROhomebills.com by Solaranna.
Related links to the MYPV DC-ELWA Solar PV Water Heater :
- Do you have any questions regarding this product? or call +44 (0) 333 772 0526 or + 1 786 600 1814.
- Check out all the products from MY-PV
- Shop for Solar Accessories here
- Read more about solar pv inverter range we sell – selected TOP Brands